Sunday 8 August 2010

Cummon real world..

Tomorrow is a big day. Not one but two job interviews- my first as a Real Human Being (post-uni).

I feel like Bambi taking his first steps.

Only, imagine that Bambi had actually taken many steps previously- several of them actually successful, gaining footholds- or in my case; internships.

The problem being that Bambi's previous attempts had all been somewhat lubricated with the confidence gained from the knowledge that student loan would cushion any blow. Any massive faux pas; inexplicably sobbing or uncontrollably swearing- both of which I am sure I have an as of yet latent predisposition for- would be laughed off during the customary celebration/commiseration beverages that night.

This time Bambi is kinda freaking out about paying rent and moving out of his parents house before he hits 30, and how he hasn't been out dancing in suuch a long time...

Not only all this, but Bambi has been rotting his brain with Gossip Girl, Grey's Anatomy and Gilmore Girls! Poor Bambi's brain wasn't up to much crack before!

Bambi's (sort of) first steps suddenly seem a lot more daunting...



OK, Bambi clearly has nothing to do with this. I'm just...well...

I am nervous.

No comments:

Post a Comment